Expanding our understanding of the character of GOD.
“Knowing therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men;” ~ 2 Cor. 5:11
Expanding our understanding of the character and nature of God broadens our concept of God who is merciful and willing to forgive sinners, yet who is just and by no means will clear the guilty.
The apostle Paul penned these words in his second letter to the Corinthian Church. In his first letter he talked about the love of God in chapter thirteen. However, in his second letter he focused on the terror of the Lord.
Within these pages you will learn:
- the full meaning of wickedness as God defines it
- Why the cup of God’s wrath is about to be poured out
- God’s love and anger are equal in intensity
- The Lord’s judgment is literal and is coming soon
- How far the teaching of today have strayed from the Gospel
- The devices that Satan uses to deceive even the church
- What the fear of the Lord really means
- The judgment reserved for those who reject God’s Son
- The cost to those who have remained lukewarm
Your perception of Almighty God will increase as you search the deeper concepts of His nature found on in the Bible. In so doing, you will find that the ‘Old Book’ still has a lot of fire left in it!
About the author: Rev. Mark E. Sheldon has been a pastor for over 20 years. He has served as a chaplain to the Nashville Union Rescue Mission as well as nursing homes in the middle Tennessee area. He also served on the mission board of the Nashville Baptist Association. He is married with five children and ten grandchildren and is currently pastoring a church in Tennessee.